SPMBS’s experienced medical coders will play an integral part with your revenue management cycle.
SPMBS’s medical coders will:
- Assign code for diagnoses, treatments and procedures according to the appropriate classifications for all encounters (Outpatient, skilled nursing, occupational therapy etc)
- Extract required information for source documentation and enters into encoder and abstracting system.
- Apply outpatient coding guidelines.
- Abide by the standard of Ethical Coding as set forth by AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association) and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Review each recorded diagnosis, operation and procedures for accuracy completeness and supportive documentation.
- Educate providers regarding coding methodology to improve documentation for optimizing reimbursement.
- Maintain applicable productivity, quality standard and performs functions in a timely manner with quality control.
- Facilitate effective and efficient data submission.